When you are looking out for hosting your web site, you are literally overwhelmed by choices. Every other web host claims to be unlimited, reliable and worth of hosting your website. Since your website is the face of your business, you can not afford to go wrong here because choosing wrong hosting means literally starting with a handicap.
Choosing wrong web hosting can affect your business website in the following ways:
- You may experience excessive downtime.
- You website may be slow, pushing away users and getting Search engine penalties because search engines frown upon websites that load slow.
- You may be left in the dark when you needed support regarding any issues
- And the worst nightmare you will be exposed to will be not finding your website when you wake up someday. Your host just pulling down the plug on his company, his website and your website as well.
In order to choose a web host, you need to keep the following things in mind:
- The host should not be a seasonal host which means he should have been around in business for a few years
- The web host reviews are very important. Try to read neutral reviews about the web host, especially about the support services and their attitude.
- Do not go after Unlimited hosting because this is just a farce. Web hosts have so many ways to keep customers resource usage in check.
- Do visit web site of the host. It should give you an idea about the professionalism with which it operates.
- Another great way to check the true spirit of a web host is to open a sales ticket and see how they perform in responding to your questions.
- Ensure that your web host offers easy graphical control panel i.e cPanel and also offers one click script installers.
- And never pay upfront for a year or more to a new web host.
- See that the web host offers easy installation of WordPress blogging platform.