KD interactive and Techno Source are going to launch their Kids Smartphone at the coming CES 2014. The phone will allow parents to control all aspects of whatever their kids do on the phone. Some of the features built into the Kurio Kids Phone, without subscription are:
- Parents will be able to restrict apps that kids can access
- The data usage of kids will be visible to users and they could control
- Location of the kid using the smartphone will be known to parents.
- Alert notification when a kid goes out of the bounds of a specific area
- Kurio Genius Internet filtering will restrict adult and other inappropriate content for the kids
- Parents will control who their child can call and text and they will be able to erase any or all content on the phone remotely
No information about the possible pricing of the phone is out yet but the phone will definitely be running on Android Jellybean 4.2 and having the standard features like 1GB RAM, multicore processor, a 4 inch screen with 480×800 resolution, frond and rear cameras, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and an internal memory of 8GB which will be expandable up to 40 GB with micro SD card.